- An Introduction
- How to perform Umrah
- S’aee Safa & Marwah
- Visiting the prophet Mosque
- About Meram
- Ziyaratain Makkah & Madina
- Check List for Umrah requirement
Umrah season expected to stop 31st, July 2013
A no- obligation quotes for Umarh available 24/7
All honors is for Allah SWT, the creator LORD of the Universe. This Website is designed to assist Muslims living anywhere to have a basic knowledge about the Umrah and Hajj process.
ACN Educational Group has been established since 1992 in Northern India, in travels Industry a very short span of time we have touched new horizons, primarily concerned with the organizing holidays national and international tour with motto of excellence and distinction services. For more details information please click here desirable window.
At ACN we have been organizing Hajj and Umrah trips satisfactory with high comfort, and by the Grace of Allah Almighty have established credibility in the travel industry. Our main concern has always been to remain fair and honest in all our dealings, delivering what we promise and combining professionalism with firm adherence to the Qur’an and Sunnah. Your can have complete peace of mind as we provide pre- arrangement accommodations, fresh and healthy food and the most comfortable travel arrangements. Our Umrah packages are especially designed, keeping in mind different economic classes; as a result of this we find that the majority of people who based on recommendations from previous customers.
Our specialization teams are ready to entertain your queries professionally, so whether you want to perform Umrah or Hajj, we can make the necessary arrangement according to your desire inshallah.
Our committed team along with our highly experienced related business partner in India and in Saudi Arabia look forward serving you on your journey of a lifetime.
How to perform Umrah
Before wearing the ihram, it is sunnah to trim one’s nails, remove unwanted hair and make ghusl. If ghusl is not possible then wudu will be sufficient. Wearing of ihram should be done before entering Meeqat. One piece of ihram is tied around the waist and the other thrown over the shoulders. Underwear, head covering (for males), shoes, socks are not permitted. Beach thongs or similar footwear that do not cover the arch of the foot (above the toes) and ankles are permissible.
After wearing the ihram, perform two rakaat sunnatul ihram. In the first rakaah read: Surah kafiroon In the second rakaah read surah Ikhlasa. After the completion of the salah, make the niyyah (intention) of Umrah, and recite the talbiyah thrice (Loudly for males, and softly for females).
Intention for Umrah
Recite the following dua (with raised hands) : “Allahumma inni uridil umrahta fa-yassisra le wa taqabbalah minni “ Thereafter, recite the talbiyah thrice: Labbaik allahumma labbaik. Labbaik la sharika laka labbaik. Innal hamda wanaimat laka wal mulk la sharika lak ( here I am, o Allah here I am – here I am, you have no partner, here I am – Surely all praise, favor and authority belongs to your. You have no partner.) After the talbiyah, the following dua was recited by Rasulullah Sallallahu Allaihi wasallam:
O, Allah I seek your pleasure and jannh (paradise) and seek protection in you. En-route to Makkah read talbiyah as much as possible and zikr. On reaching Makkah one should find accommodation. It is mustahab to perform ghusl. ( do not shave do not use soap and do not rub the body and head to avoid any hair falling off you. Thereafter enter the masjidul haram, preferable through the door named “Babus Salaam”. When entering the Masjid area:
1. Enter with the right foot
2. Recite bismillah
3. Recite Durood-e-Ibrahimee
4. Make intention for I’tikaaf ( o’ Allah I am making intention for I’tikaaf while I am in the masjid
5. And say: o’ Allah! open for me the door of your mercies, and make easy for me the means of livelily hood. Then recite, our lord in peace o’ Allah increase this house in dignity’ honor, and piety.
6. You can make any other duaa to suit your needs as well if salaah time is at hand; do not start with your Tawaf until after salaah. Remember that salaah will be performed bareheaded by males.
Tawaf of Umrah
Before commencing with Tawaf, make a slight change in the top piece of ihram. Cover the left shoulder with one end of the ihram and pass the other end under the right arm, thus baring the right arm and shoulder and covering the left shoulder. This is called Idtiba. Now reciting the the talbiyah, proceed to the Hajr-e-Aswad (black stone) which is at the corner of the ka’bah closest to the door of the ka’bah. A darkish drown line runs from the Hajr-e-Aswad, till the end of Mafat ( Mafat is the open area for Tawaf).
It is easily visible as the Mafat is green light which is directly in line with the Hajr-e-Aswad. The starting point of your Tawaf is on this line, as close as possible to the Hajr-e-Aswad. Before starting the Tawaf, stand fcing the ka’bah with the brownish line on your right. Stop reciting the talbiyah and makje your intention: o’ Allah I intend performing Tawaf of your sacred house, (seven rounds)
So make my Tawaf easy for me and o’Allah accept it for me. Now stand on the darkish brown line and face the jHajr-e-Aswad. Standing with the face and chest in line with the Hajr-e-Aswad , raise both hands as in salaah and recite the following: Bismilah allahu akbar, la ilaha illallah was lillahil hamd in the name of Allah- Allah is the greatest. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah and all praise belongs to Allah.
Thereafter, proceed towards the Hajr-e-Aswad and kiss it thrice lightly without a smacking the lips, provided there is no it no it on the Hajr-e-Aswad. If a large crowd is nearby and you are unable to kiss the Hajr-e-Aswad, you have the following options:
• Place both hands of the right hand on the Hajr-e-Aswad and kiss the inner sides of the palms of both hands, or that of the right hands.
• While standing on the brown line, stretch your arms with palms facing the Hajr-e-Aswad and then kiss your palms (as a substitute). [To kiss or touch the Hajr-e-Aswad is called istilam] If it is on the Hajr-e-Aswad do not kiss or touch the Hajr-e-Aswad while in ihram. To kiss the stone is sunnah but to cause inconvenience and injury to others by pushing is haraam. Start moving towards your right and your Tawaf has begun. For males the first three shawts (rounds) are to be done at a brisk pace with the chest out (this gesture is called ramal). The last four rounds at a normal walking pace. Engross yourself in duaa and the third kalmia while making Tawaf.
( Note: during Tawaf do not face the ka’bah with your Chest. The Ka’bah should be on your left during Tawaf. You will face the ka,bah only when you are standing on the brown line to make istilam).
The hatim has to be encircled as well. The Tawaf will be incomplete. If one passes through the hatim. (The hatim is the area with a low half circle shaped marble wall close to the ka’bah. Every time you circle the ka’bah touch the Rukn-e-Yamani (the Yamani corner) with your hands the right hand, as this is mustahab. Do not Kiss or place your forehead against it. If you are unable to touch it, move on (without raising the hands). Every time you reach the Hajr-e-Aswad, if possible kisses it, otherwise, while standing on the brown line raise your right hand with palm facing the Hajr-e-Aswad. RECITE: BISMILLAHI ALLAHU-AKBAR and kiss your palm. Complete your seven rounds in this manner.
Duaa should be recited softly, keeping the meanings in mind. Loud recital of duaa is makrooh. Remember it is better to read a dua in the language you understand.
There are no fixed duaa for each round. You are at liberty to recite anything to suit your personal needs. We include certain selected duaa Rasullah ( sallalahu alaihi wasallam) and the sahabah (r.a) Subhanallahi wal hamdu lillahi was lailahi illallah wallahu akbar wa la hawla wa la quwwata ilala billahil aliyyul azim, Glory be to Allah. All praise is to Allah. Allah is the greatest. There is no power and might except from Allah, the most high, the great.
Dua Between Rukn-e-Yamani and Hajr-e-Aswad
This was the most recited duaa in Tawaf by Rasulullah ( sallallahualaihi wasallam) and the sahabah (r.a). Rabbana Aatina fiddunya Hasanataun wa fil akhirsti hasanah taun wa qina azaban naar.
Our lord grants us good in the world and in the hereafter and save us from the fire hell).
Your Tawaf will be completed after seven rounds (you have made istilam 8 times). When directly in line with the mizab-e-Rahmat ( a water drain from roof) recite:o’ Allah I ask you for forgiveness and safety in the world and in the hereafter,Our Lord, grant us good in the World and in the hereafter and save us from the fire (hell). Go to multazim (an area between the ka’bah door and Hajr-e-Aswad) and make dua to your heart’s desire seeking Allah’s grace and mercy. If possible place your chest against the wall of the ka’bah door, hands raised and right cheek touching the wall.
Thereafter, if it is not makrooh time for salaah, go behind the Maqam-e-Ibraim. If there is no space behind the Maqam-e-Ibrahim than any other place in the haram will suffice. Cover both shoulders and perform 2 rakaat salaah. These 2 rakaat are wajib ( wajibut-Tawaf) and the mustahab suras are kafiroon and ikhlass. Next go down stairs to the well of Zam-Zam and drink to your will. Before drinking say: “bismillah” and after drinking say” Alhamdulillah”. Duaa near the Zam-Zam well are accepted so make dua there as well.
The well is visible with a glass partition blocking entry to it (in the make section). The dua rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam ) at the time of drinking Zam-Zam is as follows: O’ Allah I am asking you for beneficial knowledge and extensive sustenance and cure from all ills.
s’aee (Safa & Marwah)
Stand on Mount Safa ( a rocky hill, a portion of which has been included in the present building ), facing Ka’bah, Make dua then read:
La ilaha illalah and Allahu Akbar and then read durood sharif (softly).Descend from the slope and proceed towards Marwah staying to your right side of the area. About 230 feet (70 meters) from Safa are two sets of green fluorescent lights indicating the milain akhdarin. Males have to break out it to a slow jog between these lights, a distance of about 160 feet (50 meters). It is sunnah to jog or run this short distance. Engage yourself with due and zikr and repeatedly recite, on reaching Marwah, climb the slop, face the ka’bah and do the same as you had done at Safa, ( The Ka,bah is not visible from Marwah ). One shawt has now been completed. Commence your return to Safa. On reaching the green light breaks our into a slow jog again till you reach the other green light. On reaching safa , the same procedure of reciting the duaa is carried out. The second shawt has now been completed in this manner complete seven shawts ending at Marwah. After completing the seven rounds, return to the Mataf area of the Haram (i.e the open area around the ka’bah) and perform two rakaat sallah ( mustahab). Thereafter, go to the barber and have your hair shaven off (male only). Women will trim the end of the hair ( approx: 1 inch or 205 cm ). The best way is to make the same with her Mahram ( after he has shaven off his hair ) to wrap the end of her hair once around his finger and snip off the amount mentioned above.
Visiting the Prophets Mosque
• A pilgrim goes to Madina before or after Hajj with the intention of visiting the prophet’s mosque and praying in it. Prayer there is better than a thousand prayers elsewhere except in the Holy Mosque in Makkah.
• Upon reaching the mosque he prays two Rakaas of solution performs any obligatory prayer that is due.
• He goes to the grave of the prophet ( May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and he stands before it. He greets him saying the “May the peace, mercy, and blessing of Allah be upon you, Oh’ prophet. May Allah grant you a good reward on behalf of your people.’ He takes a step of two to his right to position himself before Abu-Bakr(R) and greets him saying: “May the peace, mercy, and blessing of Allah are upon you. O’ Abu Bakr May Allah be pleased with you and grant you a good reward on behalf of Muhammad’s people.”Then he takes a step or two to his right to position himself before Omar and greets him saying:” May the peace, mercy and blessing of Allah be upon you, Oh’ Omar, prince of the believers. May Allah be pleased with you and grant you a good reward on behalf of Muhammad’s people”
• In a state of purity, he goes to pray in Qubaa Mosque.
• He goes to Jannatul Al-Baqee to visit Uthman’s grave (may Allah be pleased with him). He stands before it and greets him saying : “ May the peace, mercy and blessing of Allah be upon you, Oh Omar, prince of the believers. May Allah be pleased with you and grant you a good reward on behalf of Muhammad’s people. He greets any other Muslims in Al-Baqee.
• He goes to Uhud and visits the grave of Hamza ( may Allah be pleased with him ) and the other martyrs there with him. He greets them and preys to Allah to grant them forgiveness, mercy, and pleasure.
• Meeqat Image 1
Here is a well called AI Saadeyyah and Yalamalm is great Valley/wadi which descends from AI Sarawat towards Tihama and then pours in to the Red Sea. The place & location of consecration of it is 120 Km, far from Holy Makkah. Ibn Abbas (Allah’s blessing be upon them) said, The prophet/messenger of Allah-Allah peace & blessings be upon him- appointed Zul Halifa as a location for the Citizens of Madina, AI juhfa for the citizens of AI Sham, Qarn Ul ManaZil for the Citizens of Najd and Yalamlam for the citizens of Yemen,
Masjid at Meeqat Yalamlam where pilgrims wrap their AHRAMS
It is the also the Meeqat for Pakistan and Indian pilgrims but they could not see it as they travel by air and flew over it. They are for them and for whoever comes to them for performing Haj & Umrah rites and even the inhabitants’ of Makkah consecrate them.”
Who can be a Mehram?
It is difficult to answer this question as you have not clarified what type of cousin it is. Hence, I will list the ties which a person cannot marry, as clarified by Imam Al-Quduri, the classical Hanafi scholar; A Muslim man cannot marry the following:
• Son ( son’s son, daughter’s son, husband’s son by another woman)
• Father ( Father’s father, mother’s father )
• Brother real or step ( in having same father or mother)
• Brother’s son
• Sister’s son
• Father’s brother
• Mother’s brother
• Foster son (through breast-feeding only)
• Foster brother (through breast-feeding only)
Is it permissible to travel with my adopted sisters for Umrah as their Mehram?
If the sister in question has been formally adopted, them she is a Mehram, and thus she is suitable as a partner for Umrah. Please note that it will be worthwhile taking official documents to Saudi Arabia to prove she is your adopted sister in case of any problems.
Is permissible to take pills to stop period during Hajj/Umrah?
The scholars say this permissible when there is no long-term harm to body in doing so. Otherwise it is forbidding.
Can a person use a sleeping bag as this will cover his feet?
In the state of Ihram, the man should leave his feet uncovered so that the bones on the upper part of the feet are left exposed. He should not wear sandals that cove the upper part. Using a sleeping bag is merely a means of keeping oneself warm; it is not a part of clothing as such. Therefore, he can use it in extreme weather. The head and face of a man should be left exposed at all times during the Ihram state.
Is step brother a Mehram?
Once the parents are married legally, then the step-children will have the same rulings as conventional children. In other words, they will be considered as normal brother and sisters in Shariah. Therefore, they are classified as Mehrams.
Makkah: Jantul Maala, Moulud un Nabi(Birth place of Rasool Allah PBUH), Jabl-e-Noor, Jabl e Thokur, Ghar e Hira, Masjid jin, Masjid Ayesha, Masjid kehef (Mina’a ) Masjid Nimrah ( Arafat), Place of Mairaj in Haram Sharif.
Madina: Masjid Quba, Jannat ul Baqi, Madan e Uhud, Masajid Saba, Masjid Qiblatain, Masijid Bilal, Masjid Omar,